About Me

My photo
My name is Marissa, I'm 18, My bday is 12/4/89, I'm usually the youngest in the class.I have 3 best friends: Alycia, Heather, and Amanda. I dance at Fusionworks Dance Academy. I've been cheering since i was 5, I was Captain of my high school cheerleading squad. I have 1 tattoo and 8 piercings. My favorite colors are pink and purple. I graduated from Johnston High School in 2007.I work at American Eagle in Smithfield and i love it! In the summer i work at an ice cream shop; Sundaes in Johnston. I have two jack russell terriers; Lily and Missy, and one cat Tiger and one fish; Ugg. I have 3 older siblings, two sisters and one brother. I'm majoring in Elementary Ed, and Special Ed (mild moderate). umm..i think thats it for now.. If you wanna talk IM me: xOx Mariss82xOx or Facebook me! :D -Marissa

Monday, April 14, 2008

Talking point #8

..sorry for posting late...

"Whites Swim in Racial Preference" by Tim Wise

Premise:
-race
-society
-privilage
-money
-influences
-family
-differences
-prefrence
-cause and effects
-income
-opportunity
-minorities

Argument:
Wise agrues that privaledged people are unaware of the inequalities that go around in the world.

Evidence:
-"We strike the pose of self-sufficiency while ignoring the advantages we have been afforded in every realm of activity: housing, education, employment, criminal justice, politics, banking, and business."

-"In other words, it is hardly an exaggeration to say that white America is the biggest collective recipient of racial preference in the history of the cosmos"

-"Ask a fish what water is and you'll get no answer. Even if fish were capable of speech, they would likely have no explanation for the element they swim in every minute of every day of their lives. Water simply is. Fish take it for granted"

Comments:
This article was not bad to read it was understandable to follow. People in America are priviledged and do not seem to notice what we take for granted. If only people knew what life was like on the other side then we'd take things more serious.

No comments: